Monday, March 30, 2009

The best Wedding Gift


Having just a week to go Pooja and Raj are too busy. Ever since their wedding was fixed Pooja and Raj started to spend a lot of time together trying to know each other as it was an arranged marriage.

Pooja is a wonderful girl. She is sweet, beautiful, talented and smart. She is a perfect blend of traditional and modern values. In short she is all that a man of today wishes for. Raj on the other hand is a very balanced person, protective, caring and is in love with Pooja.

Pooja hoped to fall in love and get married. She always imagined her guy to look beyond and love her more than anything else in this world. Being a gal who loved fairly tales, she hoped for that magic to happen in her life .
She knows that Raj is in love with her. Yet, deep within a thought that it might be due to compulsion remains.

The day has finally arrived. Surrounded my relatives she could hardly talk to Raj today.
It was the night of their wedding. As Pooja entered Raj’s room she found a letter on the table. Raj was not in the room and the letter said it was addressed to her from Raj. She started to read it.

It Read
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi honey,
I need to tell you about an incident that happened before our wedding. It is about the day I fell in love.

I was on a crowded road and it was raining heavily. I was waiting to cross the road.

On the other side I found a girl with an umbrella that, she was sharing with 2 other little girls. It looked as if she was holding it for the little girls and not for her. I was sure the two girls were no way related to her.

Understanding what she was doing, I stood nailed to the ground.

She crossed the road. I found that she had a face of an angel.

Finding it difficult to take my eyes of her, I stood in the same place waiting to know more about what was going on and praying for the rain to stop soon.

The rain god answered my prayers. The two little girls thanked her and left with a smile.

She walked off with the joy of helping those two girls.

I decided to make that angel who had come to help those two girls my very own.
It took a whole year to find her.

Want to see angel?
She is amongst the roses.

From
Raj on our wedding.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pooja turned to find a bunch of roses and in it was a photo, a photo of her with those 2 girls whom Raj had described in his letter. She felt Raj’s hand on her shoulders. She turned to find Raj with a smile. She hugged him for the first time and said “I love you”.

1 comment:

  1. Nice one....a feel good short story. Hold the rights...I might ask for it....for a short film.

    ReplyDelete